Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Life Principle.

Assalamualaikum wbt.

Ini sebenarnya forward email yang dihantar oleh emak. :') Since aku ni jenis yang malas sikit nak check email hari-hari, I decided to put the email here so that I could remind myself each and every time I encounter with this entry, hopefully insyaAllah. :)

The 90/10 Life Principle.

1O% of life is made up of what happens to you.
While the 90% of life is decided by how you react.
We have NO control over this 10% but we determine the other 90%.
How? By our reactions. :)

Scenario 1 - Your bad day.
P/s: Imagine yourself as a father please, hehe.

You are having a breakfast with your family. Your daughter knocks over a cup of coffee onto your business shirt. You have no control over what has just happened.

You cursed. You harshly scold your daughter for knocking the cup over. She breaks down into tears. After scolding her, you turn to your wife and criticize her for placing the cup too close to the edge of the table. A short verbal battle follows.

You storm upstairs and change your shirt. Back downstairs, you find your daughter has been too busy crying to finish her breakfast and getting ready to go to school. She misses the bus.

Your wife must leave immediately for work. You rush to the car and drive your daughter to school. Because you are late, you drive 40 miles per hour in a 30 mph speed limit zone. After a 15 minutes delay and throwing $60.00 traffic fine away, you arrive at school. Your daughter runs into the building without saying goodbye.

After arriving at the office 20 minutes late, you realize you forgot your briefcase. Your day has started terrible. As it continues, it seems to get worse and worse. You look forward to come home. When you arrive home, you find a small wedge in your relationship with your wife and daughter.

Why did you have a bad day?
a) Did the coffee cause it?
b) Did your daughter cause it?
c) Did the policeman cause it?
d) Did you cause it?

The Answer is "D".

Scenario 2 - What could have and should have happened.

Coffee splashes over you and your daughter is about to cry. You gently say; 'Its okay, honey, you just need to be more careful next time.'

Grabbing a towel you go upstairs and change your shirt. You grab your briefcase, and you come back down in time to look through the window and see your daughter getting on the bus. She turns and waves. You arrives 5 minutes early and cheerfully greet the staff.

Notice the difference?

Two different scenarios. Both started the same. Both ended different.
WHY?
Because of how you reacted.

Absolutely everything that we do, give, say, or even think, it's like a Boomerang.
It will come back to us...
If we want to receive, we need to learn to give first.
Maybe we will end with our hands empty,
but our heart will be filled with love...
And those who love life,
have that feeling marked in their hearts.

It only takes a willpower to give ourselves permission to make the experience.
:)

6 comments:

Hidayah Baik said...

this entry makes me think :)

niena sapphire said...

i love this post! it really bust me out :D thank to your mom for sending this email to you! :)

nhmnrh said...

hidayah

that's exactly what I do when I first read the email.
heheh.
:))

nhmnrh said...

niena

thanks to you for reading, niena!
:D

shdah..♥ said...

suke duh post ni.
aku dah start terpikir bout this.
^ __ ^

nhmnrh said...

inda

good for you, dear! :))